IMPACT CHURCH has beliefs that are unchangeable and undeniable. Truths that flavor our worship gatherings, opportunities of service, and our daily lives.
1. We believe the Bible is inspired by the Holy Spirit, an infallible revelation from God to man. II Timothy 3:16-17, II Peter 1:20-21
2. We believe that there is only one true and eternal God revealed in three persons: The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Genesis 1:26, Deuteronomy 6:4, Isaiah 43:10-11, Matthew 28:19.
3. We believe in the deity and humanity of Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, sinless life, sacrificial death on the cross to save us from our sin nature, resurrection from the dead, and ascension back to God the Father. Matthew 1:21-23, John 1:1-2, John 3:16, Acts 1:2-3.
4. We believe in the sinful nature of all mankind and the need of salvation. Salvation is only available through the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ, believing and receiving Him as Savior. Romans 3:23, Ephesians 2:8-9, Titus 3:4-7.
5. We believe in the power of the Holy Spirit that enables believers to live a holy life, a lifestyle that is dedicated to God, which begins as an act of faith and continues throughout the life of a believer. Galatians 5:22-23, I Thessalonians 4:3-5, II Peter 3:18.
6. We believe in the experience with the Holy Spirit which is promised to all believers subsequent to salvation as the entrance to a spiritual realm that includes one’s prayer language (tongues), the manifestation and ministry gifts of the Holy Spirit, and the power to be a witness and anointed servant of God. Joel 2:28-29, Luke 3:26, Acts 2:4-5, Romans 12:6-8, I Corinthians 12:4-11.
7. We believe that the finished work of Christ on the cross provides healing for the body. Isaiah 53:4-5, Matthew 8:16-17, I Peter 2:24, James 5:14-15.
8. We believe in two important teachings and actions of Jesus: Water Baptism and Communion. Water Baptism symbolizes the spiritual cleansing of an individual as an act of identifying with the death and resurrection of Jesus. Romans 6:1-11 Communion is observed to acknowledge and remember the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross and his command to all disciples to “do this in remembrance of me.” Luke 22:19-20
9. We believe in the personal, imminent return of Jesus Christ. Acts 1:11, I Thessalonians 4:16-18.
10. We believe it is the responsibility of every believer to reach the world with the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Matthew 28:19-20, Mark 16:15-20.